Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ready to Sew!

Whew! The house is clean, the closets reorganized, furniture moved and I'm ready to sew :) It's such a good feeling to get things in order for the new year! Of course, we're planning some painting and carpeting but I won't think about that just now!

While cleaning out drawers and boxes in my sewing room, I found some "projects under construction"...some from many years ago. So, I started by finishing one of those pieces. This was a practice block from one of the first quilting classes I took (more years ago than I care to tell). It isn't perfect but I really like it so I hand quilted it and made a little table topper for next Christmas.

This morning I cut out the pieces for this quilt. I loved the colors when I saw it at a shop during the quilt shop hop last June. The pattern can be reused for fat quarters or 5 " squares.



Thanks so much to all of you who left comments on my giveaway as part of the "Whirl Into Winter Quilt Bloggers Giveaway." I set noon CST tomorrow, January 14, as the last time to leave a comment. The winner will be annnounced on January 15. I'm overwhelmed at the number of comments I've received and the kind and gracious words. I visited every blog represented and found some wonderful quilters and crafters. Hopefully some of you will visit here again and some new friendships will result.

For now, I'm off to my sewing room! Happy stitching, Karen




1 comment:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Love your color choices for that quilt! So warm and happy.

Smiles,
Lea