Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thunder in OKC

Last night was exciting as we were part of the sell-out crowd at the first regular season home game for the new Oklahoma City NBA basketball team….the OKC Thunder!!!

Our sweet daughter, Maggie, and her husband asked us to join them for this big event. We all look forward to many years of enjoying professional basketball close to home!!

On the quilting front, I finished the autumn table runner. I will be using the extra pieces to make two more. Here’s the finished project.



I must get busy on the baby quilt for our niece. I have a couple of quilts in the works but I’m anxious to get out my Christmas fabrics and make something from them.

I also found a neat item on Ebay. It’s called a “class in a kit” and it really is. It’s a tutorial you can touch. I started working on it and couldn’t stop…more addictive than popcorn. I love to have something to do by hand in the evenings so I’ll be working on this and plan to get more hexagon papers and start a long-term quilt project. The Grandmother's Flower Garden is one of my favorite patterns. I have quite a few blocks I did by hand years ago but didn't use the paper-piecing method. Those old blocks are pretty but not as precise. I love this method.

Speaking of hand work, I pulled out this little kit that I started years ago and laid it out to see how it will look. I just have the last two blocks to finish (where the big white areas are) and then the entire little quilt can be sewn together and hand quilted. The colors are rich deep turquoise, purple, lavendar and cream. There is something so satisfying and peaceful about hand work:)


We've had our first frost and the summer plants are gone. We'll need to do some flower bed cleaning and bulb digging. All that will have to wait while we take a little vacation break.

Happy quilting and blessings to you!!

1 comment:

Lady Beekeeper said...

Love that table runner - looks so cozy!

I bet you have fun at the Thunder games.