Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Seasonal Sewing

Last week was a busy week of sewing gift goodies. I completed a spooky bookbag and a birthday apron. I forgot to take pictures of them before they were given.

One of my projects was a Halloween costume for our "granddog." Virginia is a beautiful Boston Terrier and she is so sweet to model her new costume! She is good girl, especially when cheese treats are involved!!!




The fall colors were calling me so I decided to use some of my autumn fabrics for a table runner as a gift. I am using this pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop. When I started piecing, I realized that I would be cutting off the triangles and not using them. So I started sewing them together. I got enough half squares and small hourglass blocks to make another table topper. I’m happy with the mixture of colors and patterns. I tend to be concerned that it is too busy…but looking at it makes me happy and it looks like the colors do in nature.
Here's the runner ready for the batting and backing.

There's a cold front on the way so I'm hoping for some rain and a real fall-feeling day tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by for a visit! Have a beautiful day.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Virginia is all decked out for trick or treating. Very cute.

Amber said...

Virginia is tooooo cute!!!!!