Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mellow Days

It's 70 degrees and the sun is shining. It's been several years since we've had such a beautiful fall in Oklahoma.

Last Friday, my daughter, Maggie, treated me to a visit to the Oklahoma City Museum of Art to see this exhibit.


It was amazing and we spent several hours looking, reading exhibit captions and admiring these beautiful works of art. We had lunch at the museum cafe and it was a wonderful day!!!

My sweetheart spent the weekend doing yard work and finished with washing the windows. Now I can see the sunshine and the trees through sparkling clean glass.
It's so nice to get everything done up just right!!

I finished one project and decided this morning to make one of the fabric baskets I'd been admiring on several blogs. Pink Penguin has a wonderful tutorial here. It is so easy to make with her excellent instructions. I will definitely make more.


I think this will be really cute to hold candy or other goodies.

I'm off to fix vegetable soup for supper. Hope your days are filled with sunshine and stitching.

4 comments:

Amber said...

I love your basket! Im not a good seamstress, but I would love to try and make one of those sometime. I agree, the Oklahoma Fall weather is soo nice!

Sherri said...

Cute Halloween basket! I love the Longfellow quote as well! Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my give-away...I enjoyed visiting your blog as well!

~Bren~ said...

Thanks for entering my giveaway. I LOVE your sewing area. Bessy is adorable!

Anonymous said...

I love your Halloween Bag! Thanks for the tip as to where to get the pattern, I would love to make one!