Friday, February 1, 2008

Lots of Blocks


For the past two years, my daughter and I have taken part in the Road to Oklahoma Quilt Shop Hop in June. We had so much fun! We visited many quilt shops and bought materials for the featured quilt for that year. Recently I have been working on the 2006 Quilt Shop Hop quilt called Meadowbrook. I especially love it because it's made with reproduction fabrics and Kansas City Star patterns from the 1930s. I have three blocks to finish and then the center basket motif. Here's what I've accomplished so far.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What pretty fabrics and lovely blocks, I'm sure it will be wonderful when it's finished. Love the photo of the quilt cabinet, I think perhaps you need to show us the contents.

Lissa Jane said...

oh oh oh oh I just love THOSE these blocks, and being made in 30's fabrics grabbed my attention! they are just beautiful!!!

and your quilt cabinet, *sigh* what a stunning display.. I have something similar, an antique cupboard without the glass (must organise that)
welcome to blogland!

Lissa
Australia

Ginger Patches said...

Oh your blocks look great! Yes to what Linda said show us what goodies lurk in that cabinet LOL!!

Chookyblue...... said...

great quilts and welcome to blogland

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lovely quilt...welcome to blogland I have come over from Linda - All Stitched Up...

Julia said...

Welcome, Karen!! It is always fun to have more quilters join in and share their ideas and creations. I love these blocks!
Your quilt cabinet is gorgeous!!