Wednesday, February 27, 2008

It's a Beautiful Day!

It's a warm, sunny day and I'm hoping spring is in the air! Thank you to Linda for introducing me to the quilting blog community. Linda does beautiful quilting and needlework. I appreciate the warm welcome from so many of you and lovely comments to my postings. I enjoy reading your blogs so very much. I get inspiration from your creativity and look forward to sharing ideas and projects with you.


I have finished the blocks for the Road to Oklahoma Shop Hop quilt. I really like the blocks but I'm not sure about the setting. I bought the fabric and instructions for the setting from one of my favorite quilt shops, the Patchwork Place, in Norman, Oklahoma. This is a photo of the finished quilt per the instructions.

I like the center baskets and flying geese but I'm thinking another color combination might make the center more appealing...maybe each of the baskets in a primary color? I'm also going to change the solid color of the borders. I like the green but may use blue in place of the lavendar. I'm just not sure why but something about this finishing doesn't work for me and I would like to change it. The scrappy border is really cute and I plan to make that. Any comments or suggestions about color or border placement would be appreciated. Thanks for visiting and reading. Have a great day!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Some additional color in the center might add some interest.
And welcome to the quilting blog community!

Kristie said...

I love the colors that you are using in your blocks. I can't wait to see how you decide to finish it.
Kristie

Val said...

I love your quilt. Welcome to the blogging world. I really have enjoyed your blog so far. I am looking forward to visiting you again.