Monday, July 4, 2011

God Bless America!


Happy 4th of July!!  What a privilege to be an American in the "Land of the free and the home of the brave!"  Thank you to all those who founded this republic and those who have served to protect this country and preserve our liberties.  I pray that God will continue to bless America.


The month of June just flew by!  May was a month of real recovery and June has been a month of gaining strength.  In fact, I have felt so much better that I slowly cleaned the house...such a pleasure to get things back to normal.   Most of my time was spent on the house with just a little bit of sewing.  I got a number of hexagons made for the Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt.  Those little hexies are the perfect project for evenings when I'm tired after housework. 

I did have my "Betsy Ross" moment this month!! Actually many moments as I completed this flag wall hanging made from a Connecting Threads kit.  Sewing so many curved seams and matching the seams on the long rows was a challenge...spent lots of time taking out stitching and repositioning but I'm so happy with the final project.  Here's the little quilt hanging on our front door.




Happy 4th of July to everyone!

4 comments:

The Other Barb said...

Glad you are regaining your strength little by little.

Your American Flag is awesome but...don't think I'll attempt all those curves.

rosie said...

So glad you are starting to feel better. I love your American flag, it's turned out perfect.. Hope you had a wonderful fourth of July..xx

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Love, love, love the flag...so cool. :)

You are just so talented. :)

Wishing you a wonderful day....glad you are feeling better. :)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Happy 4th of July....love your hexies, gorgeous fabric..